Thursday, July 24, 2014

Lately

The weeks are flying by at rapid pace around here and in what seems like an impossible time warp, it's already the end of July. And although I'd like to drag the warm days of summer out for as long as possible, I can't say that I'm sad to see the beginning of August as we are only eight days out from our vacation in Bar Harbor, Maine! I have spent the last seven months taking very little time off of work to save my days for this vacation and the fall & winter holidays, so believe me when I say that I'm more than a little ready for some R&R. All that being said, I've still been finding time to appreciate the small moments that comprise the hours of my regular days. Here's a little of what I've been up to lately...

[mantle decor]
I managed to score some white hydrangeas free of charge the other day and was inspired to create this all-white mantle. It might be my favorite look yet. 

[roasted veggie pizza + summer fruits]
Amy's Kitchen came out with this roasted vegetable pizza and it is sooo good. Paired with some cherry tomatoes from my mom's garden and some sweet summer strawberries, it makes for the perfect lazy-man's dinner.

[gold rush]
I mentioned yesterday that I've been really loving gold lately and here is further proof: golden sandals from Target (on sale for $6) and golden studs from J.Crew Outlet (on sale for $9). I may never take those earrings off.

[1:30 AM wake-up call]
For most of my life I've been incredibly lucky when it comes to sleep. But lately (and by lately I mean the last three months) I wake up almost every night between 1:29 and 1:33 AM. To try and ease the ill-effects of sleepless nights, I've been sprinkling this lavender oil on my pillow before bed. It's relaxing and makes me feel hazy (in a good, 2 AM kind of way) and comfortable.

[pool-side]
My boyfriend's apartment complex comes with a pool, so we've spent two afternoons (so far!) lounging with magazines and radio and bottles of cold water. It's the perfect way to spend an almost-too-hot afternoon.

[pool-side reading material]

[Little Buffalo]
And speaking of being pool-side -- this past Tuesday all of WeThree were in town, so I took the afternoon off of work and we spent a few hours at Little Buffalo State Park with the wee ones and our mom! Little Buffalo has a super fun pool and splash pad that is perfect for younger kids. Tommy loved riding the water slides and Annabel & Sommer loved flying through the fountains.



[side-walk chalk]
After getting home from the park we grilled up some cheeseburgers and ate corn-on-the cob & watermelon outside. Tommy helped me make this pretty design on my parents patio while we were waiting for the charcoal to heat up.

[a great impromptu visit!]

[yoga]

I am still on a bit of a yoga kick and have been really been enjoying the benefits of the practice. Brig went with me this past Saturday, and snapped this photo and the one below of the beautiful studio at Simply Well. I can't recommend it enough.

Can you think of a better way to start Saturday morning?

What have you been up to lately??

In Case you Missed it:

Select photographs by my mom and Brigid. Thank you for sharing your photos!

2 comments:

  1. Love the mantle! And Maine is so lovely- enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maine is the greatest! Go to Cadillac Mt in Acadia for the sunrise-head out by 5am-it is life altering! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete