Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Theme Week: Frozen Food

About five years ago I was in Philadelphia visiting a friend, and she took me to this completely awesome falafel bar that I can't even remember the name of. Basically, you pay for a pita with falafel inside (as many as you want, natch) and then turn around to face one bar of every vegetable/topping imaginable and one bar of every sauce you could ever want. It's incredible and absolutely delicious. Sometimes I wonder if I dreamed it up. 


I've never tried to make my own falafel, but I have bought myriad ready-made versions, and never found anything worth buying twice. Until! Until I found these Ta Dah! frozen falafel wraps. I've mentioned this before, but one of my favorite past-times is exploring the natural & organic section of the grocery store. There are so many delicious surprises in there, and given that often-times I'm cooking "for one" (every time I write or say that I feel like I'm in an episode of Sex and the City) the frozen N/O section can be so helpful. Products like this one, that are an individual serving, can easily be paired with sliced fruit and a vegetable side to make an easy and healthy (and delicious!) dinner. There are a ton of options to choose from (see this post for another favorite of mine) but I look forward to falafel night the most. :)

[There are three varieties to choose from: Sweet&Spicy Harissa, Feta Salsa & Lemony Roasted Garlic Hummus (pictured above). Believe me when I say, you can't go wrong with any of them.]

[I like to serve it with this Opa Greek Yogurt dressing. (Find in the produce section).]

[Dinner! Pictured here with steamed edamame (also frozen!) and sliced strawberries]

Do you have any frozen favorites to share? We would love to hear!!

No comments:

Post a Comment