Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Theme Week: Frozen Food

I found, as I was perusing the frozen food section of my local grocery store, that I should probably utilize it more than I do now.  Our family typically sticks with the same or similar meals each week because 1) its easy and 2) it keeps our grocery costs low.  Also, I live with picky eaters who don't like to branch out much.  ;)  Although this meal was a little stretch for the other two people in my household, I loved every. single. bite.  Next time I make it, I'm not sharing.

 I picked up these frozen butternut squash ravioli from the organic frozen food aisle and I made a little brown butter sauce to go over them.  Delicious.

 To make our meal a little more complete, I grabbed a bunch of asparagus and the bake at home Pepperidge Farm bread.  

This meal was so easy.  I roasted up the asparagus - drizzle it with a little olive oil, add salt, pepper and parmesan cheese - roast for 20 minutes flipping halfway through.  When I flipped the asparagus I threw the bread in the oven and when there were 8 minutes left on the timer, I added the ravioli to the slightly boiling water.  I melted the butter on low, low heat starting around the 12 minute mark and by the time everything else was finished, I had perfectly browned butter.  Can I just tell you that dinner is never this easy for me.  I am typically unorganized and messy in the kitchen but this meal was a totally different story.


No comments:

Post a Comment