Thursday, March 27, 2014

Theme Week: Frozen Treats!

Carrie's Choice:
I have always been a fan of ice cream, but even more than ice cream, I have always been a fan of cream. Growing up, I used to steal my mom's extra coffee creamers and drink them straight, and even today, around Thanksgiving and Christmas, my dessert of choice is really more homemade whipped cream with a dollop of pie than anything else. And I think this is why I love Haagen Dazs ice cream. The ingredients are really simple, and more than most other ice creams, you can really taste the rich cream. I chose strawberry to share with you because it's my second favorite (first would be pineapple coconut) but comes in my favorite size: cup. This is a tiny little serving and is the perfect thing to buy for a treat because one or two bites is all you manage when it has to last you all week. It would be way too easy to go overboard on a pint of pineapple-coconut!

Dana's Choice:
Choosing my favorite frozen treat was a bit difficult for me because, well, I love ice cream.  I think my all time favorite will always be a twist in a cone with rainbow sprinkles but because I can't buy that in the freezer section of the grocery store I went with the next best thing.  Have you tried Ben & Jerry's new Core ice creams?  
The 'That's My Jam' flavor is literally my new jam.  Raspberry & chocolate ice cream with raspberry jam down the middle - delicious perfection.


Chelsey's Choice:
Image
 Although I've always liked ice cream, I would never have said it that it was my favorite frozen treat...until I found Blue Bell ice cream.  Awhile ago now, I started seeing Facebook posts about how excited people in my town were about the addition of Blue Bell ice cream to the grocery stores.  They were declaring it the "best ice cream ever."  I had my doubts, thinking that pretty much all grocery store ice creams were created equal.  When I kept seeing posts about it after it finally arrived, I decided to see what all the fuss was about.  And you know what?  They were right.  Blue Bell is definitely the best grocery store ice cream I've ever had...and is now my favorite.  Every flavor we've tried is fantastic, but I really love the strawberry.  Perfection.  Now I just need to find a gluten-free ice cream cone.

 Love this sweet photo of four-year-old Tommy loving his ice cream cone.  This photo was taken about a month  before Annabel was born - when I was in my "eat-an-ice-cream-cone-every-day" phase of pregnancy  :)  Needless to say, Tommy really enjoyed that month!

No comments:

Post a Comment