Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Fashionable Film: Wimbledon

Every now and again I stumble across a person (real or fictional) whose style I really, really envy. Does this ever happen to you? It’s funny, because I feel like I hear it everywhere from women of all ages.  From Selena Gomez (I did, after all, teach fifth grade for four months last year) to Jennifer Aniston to Diane Keaton, it seems like every female looks at someone else and thinks: “I’d love to have her style.”

Most often for me it’s one of those people who looks effortlessly pulled together -- classic, maybe a little quirky and definitely not overdone. And do you know who always seems to look that way, especially in her movies? Kirsten Dunst.

Last weekend I didn’t have a whole lot going on and so I decided to watch one of my favorite movies (one that I somehow managed to leave off my list of favorite romantic comedies):  Wimbledon. Have you seen it?


I think it’s pretty underappreciated. You can tell from the title that the movie has tennis as the backdrop, but it also has a lot more going for it: beautiful scenery (England), some nice, witty banter, Paul Bettany (!), a really romantic love story and as the beginning of this post suggests, some really excellent style choices for the lead character Lizzie, played by Kirsten Dunst. And since lately I’ve been having the classic girl problem, “closet full of clothes, nothing to wear” I thought I would use her wardrobe as inspiration for some new additions to my closet. Here are some of her looks that I'm loving:

Cute work out gear & dainty gold necklace.
Breezy dress in an English floral.
Close-Up. Also, undone hair.
Classic white button down & jeans.
Unexpected black blazor & pumps.
Gorgeous little burgundy dress.
Close-Up of the neckline.
Also felt the need to show a close-up of Peter Colt. <3
Pink & gray color palette. 
I know in this last picture she's technically wearing a man's shirt and boxer briefs, but I can't help but admire the pink and gray stripes. ;) So over the next few weeks as I'm perusing the internet and maybe visiting a few stores in search of something to rejuvinate my wardrobe, I'll definitely be keeping some of these looks in mind! What do you think of Kirsten's style in Wimbledon? Any other suggestions??

Enjoy your Wednesday! xo

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

1 comment:

  1. Curious...did you find the source for that burgundy dress?

    ReplyDelete