Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Baby Essentials

I went to a baby shower over the weekend and it got me thinking about what I would put on a baby registry if I had to do it all over again.  My registry now would look a lot different than the one I did before Sommer was born.  Here are a few things that I would now consider essential.

1.  A baby wrap of some sort.  I ended up buying the Boba wrap when Sommer was about 10 weeks old.  Then I went back to work and by the time I quit working to stay home with her again she was a little too big.  But, this wrap would have been a life-saver to Matt and I during the first few colic-y months of her life.  I also think this would be super helpful with #2 because you can carry the babe around and be hands free to care for #1.

2. Aden and Anais Swaddling Blankets.  I bought these blankets when Sommer was several weeks old.  They are nice and big and are breathable - I was able to get her swaddled nicely due to their size and I wasn't super worried about them being in her bed with her (although I don't know if that worry of her getting stuck in the blankets will ever go away).  I personally chose these.

3.  A great cozy blanket with silky edges.  I'm sure you can buy these at most stores that sell baby items but I am lucky to have an awesome Gramma who sews and made this wonderful blanket for Sommer.  This blanket has been used for so many things - it goes everywhere with us, goes to bed with Sommer, etc, etc. 

4.  A rock 'n play soother - I didn't have one of these but I will definitely be getting one if I have another baby.  Sommer loved being cuddled and cozy when she slept and I think she would have slept so much better in something like this. 

5.  A bouncy seat - this is the one that we have and we love it so much!  Sommer spent many naps in it and was generally happy when she was in her seat.  We used this for a long time because Sommer loved it so much!

6.  Something special for mama - a cute clutch!  I got mine from The Pleated Poppy - one of my favorite blogs and online shops!  I got mine for Christmas but would recommend getting one before your babe is born. I love having a little clutch that fits perfectly in my diaper bag and keeps all the things I need in one place.  Before my clutch, I would constantly be losing my chapstick or my keys in the abyss of my diaper bag. 

7.  One of our biggest life-savers has been the blue bulb syringe from the hospital!!  Please remember to bring one home with you!  We have tried several other bulb syringes and they are just not as 
effective.   Keep it handy because I can guarantee that you will need it at some point. :)

What would add to my list?

No comments:

Post a Comment