This is a recipe that you will want to keep in your back pocket. It is a great go-to, last minute dessert but is elegant and perfect for a well planned dinner party as well. I got this recipe from my mama - thanks mom!
You will need:
1 tub of whipped topping
2 heath bars
1 pepperidge farm chocolate cake - in your grocery freezer
1 large box of chocolate pudding
red raspberries or another berry (optional)
Here's what you will do:
1. make your pudding ahead of time so it is all set up when you are ready to assemble the trifle.
2. get your trifle bowl out and ready to go.
3. layer half of your pudding on the bottom of the bowl.
4. cut your cake in half and then chop the cake into bit sized pieces; layer that half of the cake on top of the pudding.
5. layer half of the whipped topping on top of the cake.
6. chop one heath bar and sprinkle on top of the whipped topping.
7. repeat layers of pudding, chopped cake and whipped topping - making sure they are even and pretty this time. :)
8. top with another chopped heath bar.
9. add the red raspberries.
Like I said, this is a super quick and easy dessert to throw together and believe me when I say, everyone will love you for making it!