Friday, October 12, 2018

finding a skincare routine

My 35th birthday is creeping up and as it gets closer I have a couple things on my mind.  Other than the fact that it feels like 40 is looming over my head; there are 2 things that I don't have a great handle on that I feel like I should.  

Skincare & makeup.  

In retrospect, I should have had the skincare routine down when I was in my early thirties - you know, something to keep the wrinkles at bay for a while longer.  I remember when I was in college, a friend of mine told me she was starting to look into anti-wrinkle cream.  My response?  Okay, go for it.  But I definitely did not think I needed to worry about that then.  Now, I'm wishing I would have listened to her and started taking better care of my skin back then.  

Over the past couple years, I have tried a few different products but always end up falling back on my old drugstore staple.  I really don't have any issues using drugstore products - I am just in search of more of a routine that will leave me feeling fresh.
I love the idea of skin first, makeup second and would love to feel so great about my skin that makeup is just a fun extra.  

Because of this, I gave Glossier a try maybe a year and a half ago. 

photo

All of their products look dreamy if you check out their website.  I only tried their milky jelly cleanser and priming moisturizer and although I liked the products, I ended up breaking out.  To be honest, I'm not sure if I gave it enough time and occasionally I think I should give it another try.  I am also interested in getting some of their makeup.  I have heard amazing things about Boy Brow and they recently came out with Lash Slick which I would really love to try.

In addition to Glossier, I tried BioClarity last spring.  They use "the power of plants and the smarts of science" to make a great product.


  But, I ended up kind of having the same issues that I had with Glossier except my skin felt red and irritated in some places. 

I gave up and went back to my old faithful...Olay Regenerist Facial Cleanser.  And that's about it!  I wash my face in the morning and most evenings...and I need to do better.  I know there is something to be said about having a great routine even if it's just that I would end up having a relaxing nightly ritual.  

So, I'm curious...do you have a skincare regimen that you follow?  What products do you love?  I'd love to hear your recommendations so be sure to leave them in the comments!  Next time, let's chat about makeup.

Have a great weekend!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment