Wednesday, October 10, 2018

according to Instagram

One of my favorite ways to remember the little moments of our days is to record them on Instagram. If you'd like to see, here are some of the things we've been up to lately according to Instagram...


A couple weeks ago, Annabel missed four days of school with a mysterious fever virus. While she was home with me, we discovered a fantastic art channel on YouTube called "Art for Kids." For hours, she would lay on the floor drawing mermaids, unicorns, Disney characters, pigs, dolphins, etc. She drew so many pictures I had to search the house for more paper. Definitely check out Art for Kids if you have kids who love to draw.
I know I posted this photo last week but I just love looking at it. My two favorite things - Will and mountains.
Last week, Annabel decided to leave a little surprise for the mailman. She is the sweetest.

For some reason, fall makes me want to sit on the front porch. All spring and summer we happily sat on the back porch as often as possible, but now that it's fall, we've moved out front. On Sunday, we had a few hours between church and small group so I set up shop out there in a rocking chair with a book and my knitting. I had visitors popping in and out, one to read with me (and also sit on my lap for awhile), and one to play cards and show me his latest card tricks. I also somehow managed to get a genuine smile on camera from my boy - a rare accomplishment during these days when he doesn't like to have his picture taken. 


Since the kids were out of school on Monday, I met a friend to walk first thing and then we decided to take a trip to a local farm (Lloyd's Family Farm for anybody who's local) for some fall fun. It was a beautiful day and we had lots of fun running through the corn maze, eating burgers in the shade, playing in the corn pit, and walking through the pumpkin patch. 

After the pumpkin patch, we ran a few errands and then headed home. Since we had some time before dinner and soccer practice, I went back out to the porch to work on a new project that I am loving every second of so far. (The pattern is "Elfriede" from the newest issue of Laine Magazine.) Annabel offered to help me with dinner and suggested she make mac-n-cheese to go with our coconut-quinoa chicken and roasted carrots. How could I say no to a helper in the kitchen? 

Yesterday was a very good mail day for me - my newest issue of Taproot Magazine arrived, and I also received my copy of Jedidiah Jenkins first book, "To Shake the Sleeping Self." I randomly found Jedidiah on Instagram and was taken with his beautiful photos and insightful thoughts. So excited to read his book! I quickly read through the introduction (while sitting on the porch) yesterday afternoon and already don't want to put it down. 


So that's a little look at what we've been up to the last few weeks according to Instagram. Find me at chelsey.k.williams if you'd like. Looking forward to the cooler temperatures that are headed this way in a couple days. The calendar says fall, but the temps here say summer. Bring on the fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment