Monday, August 15, 2016

baby land

It feels like I blinked and we went from August 1 to August 15 just like that. I'm determined to continue to keep the "it's-time-to-start-thinking-about-school" thoughts out of my head for at least another week, but they have slowly been creeping into my mind a little more over the last couple days. We're planning to head to town sometime this week for new school shoes so we can at least cross that off of our list. Once that's done, I think the only thing to organize is a new method for school lunches. I'm hoping to prep a bunch of stuff on Sunday afternoons for easy packing all week. We'll see how long that lasts. Packing lunches is my least favorite chore. I may have to start making them pack their own this year!

Last week was our last full week away for the summer. Although I'm still hoping to sneak in one more day/weekend at the beach, we are done with our long trips. It's been a pretty low-key summer for us this year which was exactly what we all needed after a hectic end of the year last year. I'm looking forward to soaking up our down time before we jump back into the school year fun.

Since we hadn't been up to Pennsylvania for a visit in many many months, the kids and I hopped in the car and made the trip up to spend some time with family. I got to spend the ENTIRE WEEK with sweet baby Asher and I couldn't have been more excited. I had to wait 26 long days before I got to meet my new nephew and I was beyond ready to hold him and spend some quality time with him and Sommer and Dani. We had a great week with a mix of time with the big kids and time just with the baby. It was a great week and I'm already looking forward to our next visit in October! Here are some photos if you'd like to see.




Making s'mores










Pa went easy on Tommy in the beginning...

...and then couldn't come back! Tommy wins!

We love Bear and Uncle Robert!

Sweet boys

These kids love their GG!

Wishing you a great start to your week!


No comments:

Post a Comment