Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Insta-Wednesday: Hot Beverage

With the weather being absolutely heinous the past couple of days (snow, rain, ice, the works), I have been daydreaming of this hot buttered rum from Home 231. It is hands down one of the best things I have ever tasted and would be the perfect antidote to cracking the ice off my car at 10:00 PM. Until I can get there, you can find me housing sleepy-time tea by the mug-full. :] xoCarrie

As Carrie mentioned, the weather has been all kinds of crazy lately, which makes me want to just sit by the fire with some knitting and a mug of hot chocolate. But not just any hot chocolate. The stuff you buy in the packets at the store tastes so good but is so far outside my list of "approved foods" it's not even funny. So I've been experimenting with ways to make my own. My most recent favorite recipe includes a mix of almond and coconut milk, cacao powder, cocoa butter (I found a big block of this on Amazon!) coconut oil, and maple syrup. I'll have a post with the actual recipe (and one for sausage sweet potato hash) up next week. In the meantime, I hope you have a favorite drink to keep you warm!

I am a coffee drinker through and through and while the heinous weather hit us here the last couple days, I baked up a batch of our favorite snowy morning treats (Pillsbury cinnamon rolls) and sipped on my hot, hot coffee.  - Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment