Thursday, November 5, 2015

Thankful Thursday

For the month of November, we've made the decision to transform "Insta-Wednesday" into "Thankful Thursday." Over the next four weeks, check in with us to see just a glimpse of the many, many things we are thankful for, and if you are so inclined, leave a comment letting us know what you're thankful for, too. :)

[I don't write about my husband too much on here [he sort-of prefers to go social-media incognito] but if there is anything I am thankful for, first and foremost, it's him. Robert and I met at a very interesting time in my life a little over two years ago, when it seemed like everything that could go wrong was going wrong. We took our relationship pretty slowly at first. But, I remember being at his place one Saturday morning in early November, sitting on the couch and reading a book while he made breakfast, and thinking to myself "this is exactly how it's supposed to be." And so it was.:) He is the hardest-working, kindest, most generous person I know, and I am so thankful to be able to call him my husband,] xoCarrie

So thankful for these two.  My heart, my joy, my world. For November evenings warm enough to eat outside.  For a backyard and leaves to jump in.  For a new house to call our own.
<3 Dana



Every November, I take a few minutes each evening and write down at least five things that I'm thankful for. I'm glad for this ritual, but I think this might be the year to expand it from a once-a-year thing to an every-day-of-the-year thing. We could all stand to be a little (or a lot, as the case may be) more thankful, yes? So here's my list so far:
11/1/15--11/4/15
Friends, small group, rain, sunsets, candles, fires in the fireplace, energy, coffee, dinner together, sunrises, warm blankets, sweatpants, tea with honey, soup, Hyundai Santa Fe, our neighborhood, Ms. Trimmer, Mr. Schott, Ms. Brook, Marvin the oil-changin' man, PCC.
-chelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment