Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Insta-Wednesday: Pantry Staple

[When I think of pantry staples I often think of things like olive oil and bread, peanut butter and dry pasta. But truth be told, one thing that I find myself reaching for day after day is maple syrup. It can be used in the traditional sense, obviously, but I also like to add it to homemade salad dressings, put it on top of vanilla ice cream with pecans and drizzle it on butternut squash before roasting. If you're at all a fan of the sweet-salty combo, pick some up on your next trip to the grocery store] xoCarrie

 I can't seem to get enough pecans lately and have been incorporating them into just about anything I can - salads, cakes, oatmeal.  Next I'll be adding them to vanilla ice cream with maple syrup...thanks, Care! ;o)  
Buy them in the bulk section of the grocery store so they are more affordable!
~Dana

For the past several weeks I've been using this giant vat of coconut oil for sauteing greens, adding to oatmeal and warm quinoa, baking, and even making a sugar-free icing. I haven't tried any of the non-food uses for it yet but I'm told there are many. Coconut oil will forever more be a staple in my pantry.
-chelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment