Monday, October 19, 2015

according to instagram

After a busy week last week, I'm looking forward to a much slower pace in the days ahead. We've had a little taste of winter over the past couple of days with early morning temperatures dipping into the 30s and daytime highs only in the mid-50s. I gotta say, I'm not upset about it. While I love the 70 degree days as much as everybody else, it was such a crisp, refreshing change to walk through our neighborhood with a friend in the chilly afternoon air. We've turned on our gas fireplace a few times, I've been experimenting with hot chocolate recipes, and have been lighting candles the minute I wake up. It all feels so cozy I can hardly stand it. I'm not sure when it happened, but I've slowly become more a fan of fall and winter than spring and summer. A curious change, indeed.

I love catching snippets of our days and recording them on Instagram, and thought I'd post some recent photos, if you'd like to see.

 We celebrated my handsome husband's birthday a few weeks ago with giant homemade cards, a few presents, a blue and white striped banner, candles in the shape of a 37, steak for dinner, and his favorite Shoney's strawberry pie that I happily pick up every year on his special day. 

 Annabel and Sommer have become pen pals and are loving sending and receiving their cards in the mail. They write the funniest stuff and I look forward to reading the cards just as much as they do. Here, Annabel "wrote" her letter to Sommie and then told me what it said while I wrote it on a separate piece of paper. Favorite line? "Don't forget the chickadees!"

I took this awesome kid out shopping for new clothes one Saturday and we stopped by Sweet Frog for a little treat before heading home. It doesn't happen as often as I'd like, but I love spending one-on-one time with him.
 
 I took this photo after the hurricane rains passed through our area. It sure was nice to see that blue sky again after more than a week of clouds.
 
 Like Tommy, Annabel needed a few pairs of pants to round out her winter attire so I took her shopping and then for ice cream after (keepin' it fair here folks). Can't believe how big she's getting.

 
 Now that my parents are both retired, they can come see us anytime they want! Last weekend they came with my grandmother to see one of Tommy's baseball games and hang out for the weekend. We picked apples, played baseball in the yard, and of course, cheered for Tommy at his game. So glad they could visit!

 Now that we live in the country, Spirit Week at the Elementary School includes "Camo Day." Love it. Tommy was totally prepared. Annabel's preschool participated in Spirit Week as well, so she headed to school in her pajamas. I love their matching blue sneakers.

 Annabel takes her pen pal duties very seriously. We had received Sommer's letter in the mail and read it just minutes before she started working on one to send back.

 My sweet husband, just yesterday, proving his multitasking capabilities by keeping an eye on his fantasy team, watching the (sadly terrible) Redskins and helping me wind yard balls. I think I'll keep him.


Wishing you a lovely week!

No comments:

Post a Comment