Monday, July 20, 2015

summer reading

This summer I've been spending most of my free time with my nose in a book. I've only actually finished one whole book and have just been reading individual chapters and articles or looking at projects here and there in the others when I have a few minutes. But I love to read and am always looking for good recommendations, so check out what I'm enjoying and then pass along your favorite summer reads if you've got any!

 I'm behind on my taproot reading and have been picking up these last two issues to catch up every once in awhile.

 Love this new knitting book by Carrie Bostick Hoge. The patters are all so beautiful, and I can't wait to order the yarn for that sweater on the cover. 

 Part "lessons on being content" and part "tips and tricks for saving money." So far this is an interesting read although I'm only a few chapters in.

 Always gotta have a cookbook in the mix.

 Checking this one out for tips on eating well and staying healthy with Crohn's.

 Lots of reading time is being devoted to this book as I work towards getting my PT certification. It's going a lot slower than I had planned, but I'll get it done one way or another.

 I love this little book for ideas for getting the kids outside. Although, with this super sticky humid hot weather we're having lately, none of us really feel like being outside for too long!

 Reading this one with Tommy this summer and both of us are loving it. I've never actually read the first two Harry Potter's since I had already seen the movies when I got into the books. Really enjoying this one and looking forward to book number 2!

 This is actually the second time I've read Amy Poehler's book, and it's just as good this time around. 

 I was feeling crafty a few weeks ago and found a couple projects in this book to work on for the remainder of the summer...which will probably turn into the remainder of the fall and winter, too.

 Still hoping to learn to make quilts one day. These beautiful books keep me inspired and dreaming of all the beautiful possibilities. 


So that's what I've been reading this summer. What good books have you read lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment