Friday, July 17, 2015

Life Lately

The other night I went outside and got a whiff of what smelled like....late summer. Do you know what I mean by that? I swear that early June and mid-July/August have a different smell, and it's around this time that I start to feel as though I haven't savored the warm, sunlit nights, abundant produce and opportunity to swim in a pool as much as I should. Not that I don't have an excuse...

The last few months at work have literally been so busy that it feels like a big blur, with 5:00 turning into 11:00 some nights faster than I'd like to admit. That, coupled with wedding planning/festivities (we are just a few short weeks away! can you believe that?!) has made for the fastest summer that I can ever remember. But don't get it twisted (ha); I really have no major complaints. I'm in a stage of life where I'm learning a lot (and in turn, a lot about myself), and though I don't plan on being in this stage forever, I feel lucky to be in it. Below are a few pictures from the last few weeks, if you'd like to see...

[Do you love Real Simple as much as I do? This is seriously one of the best magazine 
covers I have ever seen. Total impulse buy; no regrets.]

[I am in the wedding collecting phase, and was lucky to find this letter box on sale at BHLDN. 
I think it's so pretty and can't wait to display it on a table with a vase full of billy balls.]

[A few weeks ago (for my birthday) my best friend proved how well she knows me 
by buying me a box of Zebra Cakes. I have been being really good about 
not eating them, but I cheated on our road trip to Virginia for my cousin's wedding.]

[The wedding we attended was on the New River in Blacksburg, VA and it 
was absolutely gorgeous. Robert and I snagged this photo in the cute
 DIY photo booth, and it has quickly become one of my favorites.]

[So, in an effort to drop a few lbs. before the wedding, I finally (finally) jumped 
on the green smoothie bandwagon. So far my favorite is a blend of peach, 
banana, avocado, chia, spinach & almond milk.]

[I took a trip down memory lane when shopping for my bachelorette party dress by going into Forever21. I decided I wanted a borderline slutty dress, and Forever21 did just that for $14.99.]

[Last Saturday, on the day of my bachelorette, the girls and I spent some time at a event in Carlisle called Bluegrass on the Grass. It's basically exactly what it sounds like (a bluegrass concert that you watch on the Dickinson lawn), and I really looked the part in this beautiful flower crown created by Brigid's mom, Suzanne! I sort-of felt like I belonged at Woodstock (in the best of ways):]

[And this is prior to a night of drinks, thai food, dancing and general fun.]

{Seven Sisters (-1)!}
[For this night, I wanted nothing more than my sisters and our childhood best friends to 
reconvene for a night of drinks and dancing. Unfortunately, we were one down in 
body (but not in spirit!). I can't wait to get a picture of all seven of us come August!]

[My best friend Mary has the most adorable children! The morning after the party 
I couldn't help but snap a few pictures of this little guy smooshing the cupcakes.]

[..... :D]

[And that's that!]

Happy Weekend to you! Hope it's a great one.
xoCarrie

No comments:

Post a Comment