Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Insta-Wednesday: July 4th

With Robert out of town for his bachelor party (in Chicago! lucky duck), my whole family at the beach, and the remainder of my friends out of town for the weekend, I had an exceptionally quiet 4th of July. But I have to say, it was pretty awesome. I exercised, cleaned, worked, relaxed and finally indulged (a little) by making this red, white & blue dutch baby. If you've never made one before, might I suggest this as your Saturday breakfast? I did the mix of strawberries, blueberries & almonds (with a powdered sugar glaze) to be festive, but it was delicious. Hope you had a fun and festive fourth! xoCarrie

 We spent the evening of the 4th at our neighbor's house eating our weight in ribs and watching the kids slide down this amazing slip-n-slide made out of a giant tarp. They swam around in that little pool that was filled with soap and water and then went flying. It was awesome. These neighbors also happen to be in our small group from church (and by the way, if you go to church and your church offers small groups, JOIN ONE. Best thing ever.) and have really become like family to us, so it was great to spend some time with them and get to know some of their family. Hope you got to do something fun to celebrate over the weekend!
-chelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment