Friday, February 20, 2015

Valentine's Day

It's been so long! And although I don't have a ton of time tonight, I thought I'd share a few photos from our weekend. Robert attended the University of Maryland back in the day, and one of our favorite things to do together is watch their basketball team play. So, it was awfully fitting to have their game against Penn State fall on Valentine's Day. We drove up on Saturday afternoon, ate dinner at the delicious American Ale House and headed over to the Bryce Jordan center to watch Maryland's (narrow!) win against the Nittany Lions. Below are a few pictures, if you'd like to see!

[Robert gracefully stopped to get me this heart-shaped doughnut on our drive. It was filled with brownie batter and was pretty delicious.]

[We ran into some hairy weather on our way to State College. And despite how annoying the snow can be when you're travelling, I still couldn't help but admire the beauty.]

[Robert planned ahead and made us a reservation at the American Ale House. We had originally planned to eat in their dining room, but we were enjoying the bar so much, that we stayed put. It was a great atmosphere and delicious food...]


[Robert got jambalaya. I usually don't love this dish, but this variety was pretty good.]

[I got muscles in a Thai peanut sauce. Yum.]

[And "we" got a lemon tart for dessert. I say "we" because I ate the entire thing.]

[This guy in front of us pretty much hated me. I was screaming obnoxious, girly things such as "WE LOVE YOU MARYLAND! WOO!" for two full hours. I tried anything to drown at that loud "WE ARE" cheer! They must have been able to hear me.]

[Maryland superstar, Dez Wells. We will miss him next year!]

[Basketball selfie!]

We had the best time! And it's been fun spending a few minutes back in this space this week. Thanks for reading this week. Hopefully I'll see you back here next Friday. :] xoCarrie

No comments:

Post a Comment