Monday, December 1, 2014

December what?

Seems like just yesterday I was changing the calendar to November, and now here we are switching to December. 2014 can slow down just a little bit for this last month, please and thank you. By the way, if you're looking for a great Christmas present, the 2015 Taproot Calendar by Phoebe Wahl would be a great one!

 
After a great Thanksgiving holiday, we headed out yesterday morning to find the perfect Christmas tree. The kids looked at just about every single tree and finally decided on a good one.


When we got home, we went to work decorating the tree and the rest of the house. With this being our first Christmas in our new home, it was really fun to get out all the decorations and find the best places for everything. We even made a new decoration - a Christmas ornament garland. With three simple materials, you can have one of your own, too!  Just get a bunch of Christmas ball ornaments (I found a huge container of them at Target), some kitchen twine or ribbon, and an embroidery needle. Just string them all together and tie off the ends and voila! A homemade ornament garland!

So easy a three-year-old can do it!



We got the tree up and decorated, the stockings hung, and then I walked around and found homes for my small collection of nativity scenes. My mother-in-law had a huge collection that she put up every year, and most of the ones I have now were hers. I love putting them up all around the house, and I think of her each time I see them. Christmas was definitely her favorite time of year.




WeThree hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends and wish you a lovely start to this Christmas season! No matter what you're celebrating this year, I hope you'll take the time to slow down and enjoy it. I've decided on my December theme just in time this year:  RELAX. I tend to get caught up in doing things a certain way or keeping the mess to a minimum or worrying about pretty much everything. This year I plan to try and RELAX in capital letters. Hopefully I'll follow through. 

Have a great week, and Happy December!

P.s. On our way home from getting our tree yesterday (and actually, we had two - one for upstairs and one for downstairs) we were driving along with our trees securely tied to the roof (or so we thought), when all of a sudden they FELL OFF and were dangling by the thin rope that the guys at the tree farm had tied them up with. We had to quickly pull off the road, cut them off the roof, and stuff them in the back of the car between the kids! Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment