Tuesday, December 2, 2014

December, You're my Favorite

I have to agree with Chelsey in saying that wow, this year has flown by.  As Thanksgiving wound down this weekend, I started thinking back to my goals that I had proclaimed at the beginning of 2014.  Oh how that feels like just yesterday.  I definitely have not even come close to accomplishing everything that I had hoped and dreamed I would back in those early days of the year, but I have learned some valuable lessons that I hope I will carry on with me into the new year.  My goal now is to finish strong.  December is not only my favorite month of the year but also the most special and busy in our little family.  Not only do we celebrate Christmas, which we love, we each celebrate our own special day this month.  Because December can become a bit of a frenzied blur, I wrote down a few goals for this month that should be relatively easy to keep and that will help me stay present and sane throughout the busyness.  

:::Run thru December:::
I am committed to run at least 1 mile each day this month.  I have come a long way in my running game this year and although I am no where near where I hoped I would be, I have learned a couple things about myself.  I have always been the person who felt like I needed to run X amount of miles in  X amount of time to consider myself a real runner.  I was constantly setting myself up for failure because the goal I was setting for myself just was not realistic.  I finally slowed down to a comfortable pace and all of a sudden running no longer felt like a chore that I hated to do.  I still struggle with the first 1/2 mile or so but I am proud to say that I am finally able to push myself through the tough moments and keep on goin'. 

:::Celebrate Well:::
My two loves have birthdays this month and I want to celebrate them well.  This year this looks like snowflakes and Elsa, hot chocolate and blue cake for one and dinner out and special treats for the other. 
 

:::Slow Down and Enjoy:::
I don't want to be out in the frenzy of shopping and traffic late into December.  I don't want to be unorganized and unprepared.  I want to snuggle up with my family and drink hot chocolate, sit by our Christmas tree, watch movies and read books.  I want to celebrate Advent and prepare our hearts for Christmas.  I want to watch my sweet girl delight in the beauty of this season.  Are you ready to join me?




No comments:

Post a Comment