Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Lately

The weeks since our Maine vacation have flown by so quickly and already the beautiful month of September is here! Though I certainly appreciate every season for what it has to offer, I can honestly say that I'm ready to bid adieu to summer. I'm a huge fan of fall (& winter, if I'm being honest) and I'm more than ready to wear a jacket, run outside (without physically choking on the humidity), pick an apple and eat a pumpkin blizzard. All that being said, the last few weeks of summer were filled with some productive wedding planning, a fun day trip and plenty of those tiny moments of happiness that I love. Here's some of what I've been up to lately...

A venue!
Robert and I have been searching around a bit for a wedding venue, and we finally settled upon this space! Truth be told, I've had this converted mill in mind for awhile now, and love the wooden floors, exposed beams and natural light. Ultimately, not much needs to be done to make this space look beautiful and that is just the look I am going for.

With the slight shift in the weather, I thought it was appropriate to buy a bottle of Turning Leaf. I'm thinking of saving the bottle for a nice, fall-appropriate flower arrangement.

My parents let me have one of their beautiful sunflowers for my mantle. I like the pairing of the bold flower and vase against the brick wall. Let me tell you something, I'm going to miss my brick wall!

I'm always on the lookout for unique, healthy snacks and you guys, I've definitely found one in these Almond Cashew Pops by 180 Snacks. Seriously -- these are so, so good. I scored them for a decent price at TJ Maxx, and am thinking about going back to clean out their supply.

Hershey Park!
I got super lucky at work a few weeks ago, and won four tickets to Hershey Park. I hadn't been in years and though I don't consider myself to be a big fan of amusement parks, we really had a blast. Here, Robert, Dave and I were battling with some excited strangers for a stuffed donut. I thought I had it in the bag, but one of the excited strangers took it in the end.

I ended up going on five roller coasters, and though they were all fun, Storm Runner was by far the biggest thrill. Here we are waiting in line for this scary ride! I was so nervous the entire wait, but was happy I rose to the challenge in the end. Brigid and I couldn't stop laughing afterward, and my hands shook for at least five minutes. 

We stopped by Troegs Brewery before heading home, where we shared a couple of appetizers (Mad Elf fondue and a delicious meat plate) and enjoyed a beer.

DreamWeaver.
Brig and I both went with the DreamWeaver, and I think it was the most delicious beer I've ever had in my life (although it's possible it had something to do with being hot, sweaty and exhausted). If you have the chance, though, this beer is definitely worth trying! 

Brig and I have been enjoying a lot of dinners together lately, and this pad thai (75% boxed meal, 25% frozen vegetables) was so good. This was another TJ Maxx find, but I threw the box away before I remembered that I wanted to remember it! Guess I'll be digging through the recycling...

I've never tried on a wedding dress before, so I'm pretty excited that my first foray into bridal fashion will be a dress worn by both my mother and my grandmother! Though I may end up going with something entirely different, it feels like a neat piece of family history to try this dress on first!

What have you been up to lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment