Wednesday, July 9, 2014

5 Favorites: Beauty Care

I don't use a huge range of beauty care products, but once I find something that I love, I am fiercely loyal to it. (So much so, that when something is being discontinued, I usually just break down and buy everything left in stock at my store location.) Below are five of my current favorites for skin, eyes, cheeks, lips and scent. I'm still on the lookout for a concealer and BBCream, so if you have any suggestions, I would love to hear!

 Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer

Although I've stayed consistent with my facewash for years (Clean & Clear's Morning Burst), I've switched up my moisturizer often, going from Olay to Clean & Clear to Simple, and never finding something that didn't make my slightly sensitive skin burn. I finally tried Aveeno about a year ago, and I haven't changed up since. With this lotion, my skin stays moisturized (but not greasy), and (mostly!) breakout free. This costs me about fourteen dollars every five to six weeks.

L'Oreal Paris Infallible The Super Slim Liquid Eyeliner

I rarely wear eyeliner, only really putting in the effort when I'm going out at night and want a little bit more of a dramatic look. But when I do, I go almost exclusively for liquid liner. Though it is notoriously hard to maneuver, the look is much cleaner and more vibrant than what you get from a pencil liner. So, I was thrilled to find L'Oreal's The Super Slim liquid liner, which has an easy to use felt tip. Despite my shaky hands, I always get a smooth finish.

Instain Long-Wearing Staining Powder Blush

I have always had a hard time finding the right blush - one that is the right color, consistency, and that is resistant to fading. But last summer, when I was receiving Birchbox, I got a sample for this cheek stain and it turned out to be the best product I've tried. The color is reminiscent of my natural blush on a warmer than usual day, and because it's a stain (in powder form) I get a long-lasting, natural glow. The sample lasted me forever, so although it's a bit of an investment (around twenty-two dollars), you shouldn't need more than one per calendar year.

Smith's Rosebud Salve

I stumbled upon this product just over ten years ago, on my senior high school trip to New York City. My friend Emily and I had created a to-do list for our visit, and one of the many things included was a trip to the beauty care haven Sephora. We probably spent at least an hour combing the shelves, but the only product I remember buying was the little tin of lip balm I picked up as an impulse buy while standing in line. Rosebud salve became my instant to-go lip product. I love the defining scent, light tint and sheer finish, and as a bonus, it can also be used on diaper rash! (Although Disclaimer: I've never used it for that.:)

Eau De Toilette Rose

I love the idea of having a signature perfume, but honestly, I have a hard time finding a scent that I love without getting a headache. A few weeks ago, when Brigid and I were in Charlottesville, I was poking around the sale items at Anthropologie and stumbled upon this rose scent for a mere $4.95. The scent is incredibly light, but when I close my eyes, I could swear I' standing in a rose garden. I don't think I'll ever need to find another scent as long as this one is made.

Wearing it all. :)

To Buy:
-Aveeno & L'Oreal are available at your local GIANT (or most grocers)
-Instain at The Balm Cosmetics
-Rosebud Salve at Sephora
-Rose Perfume a Amazon

In Case you Missed it:

No comments:

Post a Comment