Tuesday, April 29, 2014

ordinary days

Our ordinary days are going to be changing around here.  For the past 2 years I have stayed home full time with my girl but as of today I am a part time working mama!  I am kind of excited and kind of scared and kind of sad but thankfully the position that I accepted is at a local gym and I can wake up early, sneak out before my loves wake up and not miss out on much of the day.  I am also grateful that Matt and Sommer will get some special daddy/daughter time each weekday morning.  I will let you know how the 4am wake up calls are going next week...

But, before all this change happened over here, we traveled a bunch and spent some time with our favorite people.

 On Good Friday we traveled up to the Lehigh Valley to spend Easter at Matt's parents house.  On our way we saw two hot air balloons!  Sommer had never seen one before so it was so fun to see her reaction.

 On Saturday, we colored Easter eggs, spent some time playing on Matt's cousins new playset, baked, etc.  Matt and I also had lunch at our favorite restaurant in Easton,The Colonial.  We loove their white pizza and antipasto salad.

 On Easter Sunday, Sommer woke up to a little scavenger hunt around the house to find her Easter basket.  Cute tradition that her Gramma carried on for her. :o)

 Cutie

 Easter is the perfect day for bubbles, no?  We all had so much fun with them and seriously, you should run to Target and get a bubble wand because they make epic bubbles! (and only for .99!!)

 Easter family selfie

After our lovely Easter weekend, Sommer and I headed for the cousins in Virginia.  Our first stop after picking Tommy up from school and giving lots of hugs (The Day the Relatives Came, anyone?) was their new house!  It is so beautiful.  I can't wait to see it when they are all moved in.

 These kids love each other so much.

 These two girls were so fun to have together.  They are two peas in a pod and I so wish we lived closer.

 Gorgeous day and beautiful view from the front porch of the new house!

 Our 3 crazy kids.  

After our quick but wonderful week in Virginia, we spent another quick weekend in Carlisle visiting family and friends for a birthday party.  

Last stop before heading home, church and a walk with Mimi and Pa.  
Although the past week and half was a little bit of a whirlwind, we are so lucky to have gotten to see so many of the people we love in such a short amount of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment