Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Spring!

Does it seem to be spring in your neck of the woods all of a sudden?  Here in the south eastern part of PA we are definitely experiencing spring-like temperatures and my little family has been soaking it up.  I hope it is here to stay for a while.  I don't know about you but I generally feel so much better about basically everything when it is sunny and warm.  
Over the weekend,  we were finally able to explore West Chester (outside of the car) for the first time.  We went downtown and checked out all the cute shops, restaurants and bakeries - there are so many great looking places that we hope to try out someday.  One thing we noticed is that there are a ton of pizza shops downtown.  We decided this is probably perfect for a little college town and we definitely can't wait to try them out and find the best pizza in town. 
While we were downtown, we stopped in The Painted Plate - similar to Color Me Mine - to make a little gift for Matt's grandpa.  

 After spending time creating, we popped into a little bakery for a small afternoon snack before heading home and then out for a run in the beautiful sunshine.  I dread the treadmill so finally being able to run outside was such a huge relief.  I felt like I was running on air except for when I was pushing the running stroller.

In other happy news, the playground at our apartment complex is finally clear of all snow!  Now we can spend afternoons climbing and sliding and running around!  Our little two year old is so happy about this!  She loves being outside.

 
 And, of course we had to get a little frozen treat to celebrate the beautiful weather.  If you know me at all, you probably know that ice cream is my #1 favorite dessert of all time and frankly I have a hard time saying no.  We recently realized that there is a DQ right across the street from us...I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing but I am happy to give them my business.  And also, I think a twist in a cone with rainbow sprinkles is the very best.

No comments:

Post a Comment