Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Breakfast of Champions

In order to achieve one of my goals for 2014, my healthiest & fittest year to date, I have been trying hard to improve my eating habits a bit.  I wouldn't say that I have ever had a terrible diet but I think I can always stand to clean things up a bit.  So, I'm starting with breakfast.


I have never been a huge breakfast fan but really think that it is super important to have something other than coffee in my system before 11am.  I typically don't enjoy eating the same thing day in and day out and I think this is where my difficulty with breakfast starts.  I get really bored with the same old, same old and I really don't like eggs all that much so I feel like I get stuck. 
Lately, though, I have been on a little oatmeal kick and have been eating it pretty much everyday.  I think it has something to do with the fact that it is so cold and snowy that I just want something warm in the morning.  And standing by the hot stove helps, too.   


I like my oatmeal with a little almond milk and brown sugar plus toasted pecans, bananas and blueberries. 
In sticking with my oatmeal themed breakfasts, when Matt had a 2 hour delay yesterday, I ditched our usual snow day breakfast of cinnamon buns for these oatmeal banana pancakes with berry sauce. 


I may never go back to the cinnamon buns.  These are the perfect way to start a snowy day (or any day really!).  The recipe made so many that we were able to freeze a bunch for quick and easy breakfasts all week!

No comments:

Post a Comment