Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Weeknight Pizza

I am always looking for quick and easy weeknight meals.  Although I do enjoy cooking, most nights I would rather not spend hours in the kitchen.  Several weeks ago, thanks to my sister Carrie, I was introduced to this ready made pizza dough at my local grocery store, Giant.  I am a big fan of homemade pizza and without the extra work of making the dough,  this has found a permanent spot on our weekly menu.

We typically just top our pizza with cheese but the last time around we had some ham and I picked out as many pineapple pieces that I could find from the fruit cocktail I had on hand.  

 All I had to do was let the dough rise for about 5 hours, put it all together and pop it in a 450* oven for about 15 minutes!  Easy peasy.

 I would suggest enjoying your pizza with a glass of your favorite wine and a fresh, green salad (or green beans if you're eating with a toddler ;)).

No comments:

Post a Comment