Tuesday, December 10, 2013

December

December is one of my favorite months of the year.  I really love the time between Thanksgiving and New Years and this year, with Thanksgiving being so late in November, that basically ends up being the whole month of December.  I feel like there is just so much magic in the air in the month of December.  From the beautiful lights on houses and trees to the white snow and crisp air; it all just (usually) makes me happy.  In our family we have so many celebrations during this month.  We celebrated Matt's birthday yesterday, will celebrate Sommer's on Friday and mine next week.  We also get to celebrate birthdays and Christmas with family every weekend in December plus on Christmas!  It doesn't get much better than that. 


I have also truly been loving this season with my little girl.  She will be 2 on Friday and we have had so much fun as we get ready for Christmas this year.  She is completely enthralled with Christmas lights; oohing and ahhing in the back of the car when we drive past homes that are all lit up.  She also loved helping us decorate the tree this year and loves taking the ornaments off the bottom and putting them back on or wearing them as bracelets.  :)  She is such a joy and I am so excited for the fun and excitement that Christmas will bring her this year!


  
My goal this December is to live simply and enjoy the little things.  I'll try to see the world through the eyes of my two year old because that is where the magic truly lies.  And, I will stop and remember the true reason for Christmas and allow myself to experience the joy that it brings.   

No comments:

Post a Comment