Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pumpkin Pecan Dessert

A couple of weeks ago, I wrote a little ol' blog post -Channeling Fall - and in that post, I mentioned this delicious dessert.  Well, since it is now officially fall and I can now allow myself to eat anything and everything pumpkin, I decided that I had to make said dessert yesterday.  Check it out below!

I made my dessert in a 9x13 pan instead of in the cute little mason jars but it still turned out really yummy.  The best thing about this dessert is how quickly and easily it all comes together.

You will need:
1 15oz. can pumpkin
1 12oz. can evaporated milk
3 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 boxed white or yellow cake mix
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
3/4 cup melted butter

You will do:
Preheat oven to 350*
Whisk together the first 5 ingredients until well blended.
Spray 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray
Pour your pumpkin mixture into the dish and then sprinkle it with the cake mix.
Sprinkle the chopped pecans all over the cake mix.
Melt the butter and pour it over the pecans. 
Bake the cake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

 a few ingredients

 artistic egg shot ;)

 favorite ingredient





top with ice cream and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment