Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Outer Banks Beach Vacation

A few weeks ago, back at the end of June, I finally got around to using one of my vacation weeks. For years and years my mom's side of the family has gathered in the Outer Banks of North Carolina for a family vacation, and we continued the tradition this year with as many as twenty people around at all times. The Outer Banks (and more specifically, the area just outside of the town called Duck) is, as far as beach vacations go, the introverts paradise. There isn't a loud and crammed board walk, you aren't close to a raucous downtown nightlife and you don't have to be sitting shoulder to shoulder with perfect strangers on the beach. It's relaxed and slow paced, and a nice departure from everyday life.

I didn't get quite as many pictures as I would have liked, and these certainly don't capture the majority of family members we had with us, but I thought I'd share since there are a few cute pictures of the littles. Enjoy. :)

Our first Sunday was father's day, so we surprised my dad with a New England feast...

...lobster, corn on the cob & blueberry pie. 
This ended up being a gift shared by many. ;) 

One of my favorites; my cousin Adam, doing some early morning fishing.

And a pelican doing the same.


Something I would love to do if I wasn't so afraid of getting eaten by a shark.

Sommer LOVED the water!

Beach Beauties.

Loner.

My birthday happened to fall during this week, and the one thing I wanted to do was to watch the sunrise. Luckily for me, I had some 5:30 AM company because there was too much cloud cover to see anything.

And then we had duck donuts!
That maple bacon donut, let me tell me, is ridiculous good. 

 Miami Vice the size of my head.


Obligatory food photo.


Clearly I missed my calling in life as a sand sculptor.

Kite-flying.


A John's trip is a must! 
See Dani's post on our trip to John's here.

Gotta go with what's famous!

Mont St. Michel sand castle. 
I'm thinking my next vacation should be France. 




Until next time, OBX. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment