Tuesday, July 2, 2013

John's Drive-In


If you ever find yourself in the Outer Banks and in need of a great burger,  a world famous milkshake or an amazing dolphin sandwich; I would suggest you find your way over to John's Drive in on the beach road in Kitty Hawk.  It is a small shack of a place with limited outdoor seating and even more limited parking but you will not be disappointed!  
John's is a family favorite of ours and we make sure to pick up lunch from the drive-in at
 least once each time we visit the beach.  My meal of choice would be a cheeseburger, french fries and a chocolate milkshake but most of my family would opt for the famous dolphin sandwich which I have to say is quite good even to non-fish-loving me.
On our last trip to the OBX - 2 weeks ago - Matt, Carrie and I ventured over to John's one afternoon for a bite to eat and a couple milkshakes.  

 World Famous Milkshake Flavors

Double-fisting the milkshakes (banana for her & vanilla for my dad)

This is all there is to John's.  And just to give you an idea as to how small it really is, we heard along the way somewhere that Diner's, Drive-In's and Dive's won't come here because the kitchen is too tiny.  (We think they should come anyway!)

This is directly across from John's - a cute little bungalow and oh yea, the ocean!  A picnic lunch from John's on the beach would be perfection.

Of course, I have to include a food pic.  We had a dolphin sandwich, a crab cake sandwich, fries and a cookie dough/oreo milkshake.  Yum!

Head over here to check them out!



No comments:

Post a Comment