Wednesday, July 10, 2013

365 Days In

Right around a year ago I wrote our very first blog post simply titled "Hello." Writing a blog was something I had been thinking about for a quite some time. I would go for long walks around my neighborhood, and in my head I'd imagine the things I could cook and do, the things I could write about and share; the creative outlet that I was desperate to find. Two-hundred and seventy-some posts later we are still here, still inspired to discover, live and write, and very excited to be picking up some new readers along the way. 

The past (blog) year has been a good one. There have been ups and downs, good days and bad days, old jobs and new jobs, great new recipes discovered, and some of their ingredients shattered, trips to new places and many nights spent comfortably at home. But perhaps what is most surprising to me is just how fast all of this went. When I was younger I remember thinking that a year was an eternity. But just the other day, I heard myself say out loud that a year is nothing; that I could do anything for one year. In retrospect, I'm not sure how wise that statement is, but over the past five years or so I've found it to be overwhelmingly true. You fall into a rhythm, a pattern, and before you know it, you're heading back to the fourth of July symphony with deviled eggs this year, instead of that berry gallette that just really didn't set up the way that you wanted it to. So, given that the hands of the clock seem to be whirling, I thought it would be nice to take a few minutes to reflect on some of the moments that have made the past 365 days just what they were.

{4th of July Symphony}

{Seasonal (Summer) Supper}

{New & Improved Furniture}

{Local Travel}

{Late Summer/Early Fall Supper}

{Farm-Aid}

{Dave and Tim, what}

{Monster Feet}

{Brilliant Chinese Checkers Match}

{Green Lentil Curry}

{Trotting like Turkeys}

{Pumpkin Pie Love}

{Hot Cocoa Cookies}

{Homemade Ornaments}

{Jingle Bells}

{February Fourteenth}

{Easter Sunday}

{Carytown lurve}

{Whole Wheat Banana Bread}

{Derby Days}

{Gold Dipped}

{Best Bite of Food: Blog Year 2012/2013}

{C-Ville}

{Pole Steeple}

{Summer, Summer, Summertime}

{Mmmmm}

I sincerely hope you've enjoyed spending a few moments with us each day for the past year; we have certainly enjoyed spending them with you! Here's to many more years of blogging to come. 
Thanks for reading. :)
xoCarrie

1 comment:

  1. Loved every single blog moment and very proud of each of you. Here's to another 365!
    xx Aunt Nat

    ReplyDelete