Tuesday, September 11, 2012

remembering

9/11.  I remember exactly where I was when I first heard about the horror that happened on that day eleven years ago.  Walking back from an 8am class at Virginia Tech, I had just passed under one of the many beautiful arches on a gorgeous day when I heard the two people in front of me say something about New York and airplanes and terrorists.  Wondering what on earth they were talking about and hoping that it was a mistake, I picked up my pace and got back to my dorm room to find my roommate almost in tears, staring at the tv.  I dropped my backpack and stared with her, tears filling up my own eyes as well.  I remember my thought exactly:  How could there possibly be so much hate in this world?   I still don't have the answer to that question, and I'm sure none of us ever will.  But on this day, we want to pause and remember those who died, those who gave, those who sacrificed everything.  Join us in remembering today, and giving thanks for all that is good - help, hope, love.  We remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment