Tuesday, July 10, 2012

#1 Chick

Hey! I'm Chelsey and the oldest of WeThree. I live in central Virginia with my husband, Will, and our two children, Tommy (5) and Annabel (10 months). As I type this post, I'm sitting in a beautiful and huge beach front house where we're spending the week with my husband's family. Since we're the only family with two kids, they gave us the 3rd floor suite which has a king bed, a separate room for the kids with a twin bed and crib, a massive bathroom with a jacuzzi tub, and amazing ocean views. Needless to say, life is good.


So...a little about me. After Annabel was born last summer, I left my job to stay home full time with my kids. Things will be a lot different this fall when Tommy starts full-day kindergarten. He's super excited...me, not so much.  I just can't believe my baby is going to kindergarten already! So we're soaking up as much time together as we can this summer and loving every minute. Sweet Annabel will be keeping me busy at home as she learns to walk, practices climbing the stairs, and dumps every toy out of every basket in every room in the house.


In my spare time (which doesn't always exist) I like to read, knit, attempt a sewing project here and there, play in the garden, ride my bike (although I really don't get out on it much),watch Virginia Tech play football and basketball (I'm an '04 Hokie), and walk in the woods. Sometimes I like to write. And I also like to cook, which is something that WeThree have in common. I think its safe to say that you'll be seeing quite a bit of food around here in the future.

Although I really like our current location and our home, there are days when I dream of owning a house on a few acres of land where the kids can explore, we can have a really big garden, and I can keep a few chickens and beehives. When we're in town on a Saturday morning (we tend to travel a lot in the summer), we always make a trip to our favorite farmer's market to get fresh eggs, the best sausage I've ever tasted, yellow watermelon, and other locally grown fruits and vegetables. With a little bit more room, we'll be able to grow and raise even more of our own food. Our backyard is currently home to two raised beds (with tomatoes, onions, snap beans, eggplant, green peppers and banana peppers, chives, basil, and parsley), a watermelon patch, a shade garden that's slowly being taken over by weeds (my next project), and a perennial garden. Growing our own vegetables and visiting the farmer's market gets us a little bit closer to our ingredients.  I like that.

Although there's lots more to say, I think that's enough about me for now. I'm really excited to be starting this new adventure with my sisters. Since I don't live in the same state as they do and phone calls don't include pictures, I'm really looking forward to seeing and reading about their days. I hope you'll read along with me!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment