Wednesday, October 17, 2018

fashionista

Do you like to read blogs? I guess if you're here reading this one we can safely assume you like to read a blog, but have you ever searched out any others? I have gotten out of the habit of reading them in the last year or so, but there are still a few that I check on a fairly regular basis. 

Soulemama was one of the very first blogs I started reading way back around 2010. I love to read her stories and hear about her growing family. I've been reading for so long now that I sort of feel like I know her. And I'm certain that if we ever met, we would become fast friends. (Please tell me that you do this, too? Feel certain that you would be friends with people you admire if only you could just meet? Or am I a creepy weirdo stalker? Nevermind, don't answer that.) 

Another blog I started reading just recently is that of one of my favorite knitters, Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (the yarn harlot). She is hilarious and an amazing knitter and person in general, and I love reading her blog almost as much as I love reading her books. 


And lastly, every few days I try to get caught up on what's going on over at A Cup of Jo. Joanna and her team put together several smart, funny, timely posts every week, and I always look forward to hearing what they have to say. 

All of that to say that my post for you today is a rip-off of a popular series on A Cup of Jo called "A Week of Outfits." I took Annabel shopping for some cool weather clothes (now that fall (winter?) has finally arrived - hooray!) a couple weeks ago and she is darling in her sweet little dresses, jeans and sweaters. She is so excited to get dressed and keeps telling me "Mom, I look so cute in this outfit!" that I decided to offer her her own post here on WeThree. A week's worth of outfits, each of her own choosing, to showcase her style here for you. She jumped (leaped, bounded, hurdled a tall building in a single bound) at the chance.

So, without further ado, here is "A Week of Outfits - Annabel Williams."


Monday

In her words: "I like this outfit because I like to play around with the heart. I like the silver side, too." (Editor's note: The heart switches between pink and silver sequins.)
Jacket: Justice; Sweater and jeans: H&M Kids; Booties: Old Navy

Tuesday



In her words: "I like this outfit because it's stylish. I love the jacket and the high heels."
Dress: H&M Kids

Wednesday

In her words: "I like this shirt because I like polka dots. The jeans have sparkly dots, too."
Sweater: Target; Pants: H&M Kids

Thursday

In her words: "I like my shirt because it has stars on it and my pants do, too! My boots are so fluffy!"
Shirt: H&M Kids; Leggings: Target; Boots: Target

Friday

In her words: "I love the hedgehog because it is pink! My jeans have a fluffy inside that is pink with polka dots."
Shirt: Target; Jeans: H&M Kids


If you have kids, do you ever look at them and think, "How did she...come from me?!" When I'm listening to Annabel talk or when I see her coming down the stairs in the morning with another cute outfit on, that sentence above is almost always the first thought that pops into my head. I am the least "girly" girl that I know. How did she end up being into fashion and shoes?! She wants to wear make-up (um, no), get her ears pierced, wear booties and dresses and insisted on that jean jacket when I was skeptical. But I love watching her come into her own in every way, not just when it comes to what she's wearing. She's very into soccer and running club, has a new-found love of science, and loves to wear the latest fashions. I'd say that's a pretty well-rounded kid right there. And all with not a whole lot of prompting from Will or I. She knows what she likes and she goes after it wholeheartedly. Love my sweet girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment