Monday, September 3, 2018

we're back, we're back, we're back!

Hello? Is there anyone still reading? (Mom, I know you are ;) It's been a pretty long time since any of us has written on here. In fact, I went back and checked and the last post that I wrote was in the summer of 2016 -- which makes me realize, even more than I already do on a daily basis, how quickly time passes. A lot has happened since then; there's a new president in office now, a new batch of winter Olympians; there's a new winner on The Voice, a new obsession with Instagram that has perhaps made blogs almost defunct (¯\_(ツ)_/¯), an Eagles Super Bowl Championship and even an American actress married to a British Royal (!). But there's other things, too. Chelsey's first baby turned eleven in June (I'm sorry, what?!), her second baby is rocking second grade and she and her husband built the most amazing pool and deck on their home in Virginia. Dana celebrated ten years of marriage in July (again, what?!), has the strongest willed first-grader I've ever met and the funniest, most charming two year old imaginable. And me, well, I had a baby in December (meet Bodhi, below!), bought a new house with my husband of three years in June, and am adjusting to a new normal since I decided to leave my job in February.

We've talked about writing again for months now; every once in awhile, one of us would text the other two asking about starting the blog back up. And I'll be honest, I think it was mostly me that was holding out. We didn't mean to make 2018 a busy year, but with a new baby and then a largely unplanned move, it sort of felt like there was always something else I should be doing. But the dust has mostly settled now and September always feels like a time for new beginnings; I guess it's that late summer, back-to-school feeling that was instilled in me for so many years. So, we're back, we're back, we're back! And will be posting regularly on here (look for me on Monday, Chelsey on Wednesday and Dana on Friday) and on Instagram, too (our handle is WeThreeBlog if you'd like to follow along).

Hope to see (and hear from you!) soon.

Bodhi, nine months old. 


Asher, two years old. Sommer, first grade. 


Tommy, sixth grade (?!). Annabel, second grade.



1 comment:

  1. YIPEE! Welcome back. ������������

    ReplyDelete