Monday, April 10, 2017

to my girls

It has been quite a while since I have visited this little corner of the internet and I must say,  I have missed being here.  I miss writing and I miss reading.  But, tonight, I am here because I miss my sisters and this is one place that I can always count on connecting with them. 


I often find myself wishing that my sisters lived right down the street or, at most, across town from me.  In my perfect world, we could meet for Saturday morning breakfasts, weekly family dinners or random afternoon coffee dates.  Instead of sending a card during a bad week, I could show up on their doorstep with their favorite coffee/ice cream/flowers.  Instead of sending a text on a particularly difficult day, I could be there with a hug.  


For now, text messages and phone calls fill in for sitting face to face. And I'll always look forward to those times that we get to be together.
(soon!!)


Today is National Sibling Day so, to my girls, thanks for always supporting me, laughing with me, crying with me and reminding me that it's all gonna be okay.  I love you both!! 
xo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment