Friday, September 28, 2018

a girls trip to New York

Back in June, my sister-in-law so sweetly invited Sommer and myself to join her and my mother-in-law on an overnight trip to New York City.  We stayed at the Four Seasons Downtown and loved every minute.  



We took the train in from New Jersey and were dropped off right at the World Trade Center train station.  We grabbed a bite to eat at Eatly where Sommer had the yummiest bunny shaped pizza followed up of course, with some amazing gelato.



 When we arrived, Sommer was greeted by the sweetest welcome treat from the Four Season (& Aunt Lala).



We had the greatest view from our room and especially loved people watching from so far above the streets.  




And, I must say, the room we stayed in was beautiful!  We have never stayed anywhere quite so nice. I would love to have a bathroom like this in my house someday.



We spent a couple of hours in the American Girl Doll Store.  Have you ever been?  This was our first time there.  I couldn't believe all the things they had there.  So many fun toys, outfits and dolls.  Sommer picked out a new ballet outfit for her doll and I must say it was probably one of the hardest decisions of her life.   We ended our first day in New York with dinner from Shake Shack!


The next morning, Sommer and I went swimming before having the most delicious breakfast in our room.  

yum


After breakfast, we walked down to the Seaglass Carousel near the Statue of Liberty and then took the subway up to the Central Park area and spent part of the day at the American Museum of Natural History.






When I was little I loved learning about dinosaurs and so badly wanted to be a Paleontologist.  Now when I think of being a Paleontologist, Ross Gellar is the only thing that comes to mind...haha.  But, I hope my kids love learning about dinosaurs as much as I did.  Sommer was so amazed at their size but I think by this point in our trip she was tired and hungry and not super interested.

This was such a great trip and I am so grateful that we all got to spend this time together!  

No comments:

Post a Comment