Monday, November 7, 2016

suck up

Oh November, you've been such a suck up this year! What with your beautiful weather and your colorful trees and your sunshiny blue skies. I officially declare you to be my new favorite month forever and always...or at least until you start bringing frigid temperatures and snow right off the bat. Then we'll have to talk. But for now, you're golden. Keep bringing me reason to light the fire place early in the morning and then walk around in my t-shirt in the early afternoon and yes, we will be friends forever and ever and ever.

I love November. November makes me want to read all the books. It makes me want to sit on the couch in my pajamas under a big squishy blanket. It makes me want to bake something with cinnamon and nutmeg. It makes me want to knit oversized sweaters and warm wool hats. It makes me want to drink tea and watch Christmas movies.

But even with all of those inside things to look forward to, I'm also enjoying the view out my window and trying to get out into the brisk morning air as often as possible. Thanks to my lovely and run-happy neighbors, I'm getting out at least three mornings a week for a (longer and longer) run. Last week we headed to our local state park for a chilly run through the sun-soaked trees which was just the thing to kick off a busy Thursday.

Suck. Up.

I can't get enough of that view! Having beautiful scenery and good conversation definitely makes distance running much more tolerable...and dare I say...maybe even...enjoyable?!(Gasp!)

At any rate, I am loving the contrast between mornings in the sun and crisp air and evenings with a blanket, a cup of tea, and either Anne of Green Gables (yes, I went straight to the library and checked it out last week) or a movie and something to knit. I really do love November. Hope you're enjoying it, too.

Wishing you a lovely week!

P.s. Halloween!



P.p.s. I realize that some of you may be feeling less than excited about November because of a certain big decision day that happens to be coming up tomorrow. Let me assure you that I will NEVER post about which candidate I plan to choose tomorrow or ever here on the blog, but I do want to say this: please, please, please remember that no matter who you choose or which side you agree with, we are all human beings who screw up and make mistakes and make poor choices and ALL OF US are deserving of grace. Your neighbor/friend/sibling/parent/pastor/teacher/etc. who is voting a different way than you tomorrow deserves grace. Your neighbor/friend/sibling/parent/pastor/teacher/etc. who is posting ridiculous amounts of political opinions on Facebook deserves grace. Your neighbor/friend/sibling/parent/pastor/teacher/etc. who brings up politics during every single conversation and tries to persuade you to their side deserves grace. And yes, even the presidential candidates themselves deserve grace. After all, in the end, we're all the same. Let's all try to spread love and decency and togetherness in the face of a clear separation in this country. It starts with us, not them. Be kind. Hold your tongue. Love each other. And vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment