Monday, October 31, 2016

farewell October


Image
I'm ashamed to admit to you that I've never actually read Anne of Green Gables. (I know!) I've been seeing that quote above posted all over Instagram with photos of beautiful October days and nights and have found myself agreeing and enjoying every single one.  What a different world it would be if there were no Octobers. Our next trip to the library will definitely include a search for and check out of Anne of Green Gables so that I can finally read the context in which she said those lovely and very true words.

Over the past few weeks I've been watching the trees, waiting to see the pop of color in my favorite ones that I watch every year. I don't know about you, but it seems to me that it's happened a little slower this year. My favorite tree that I pass on the way to town hasn't completely turned yet and our woods don't seem to have as much color as they have in years past. But no matter, there are still plenty of beautiful trees to be found if you just open your eyes and look up. (Actually, in general, I find that it is pretty much always a good idea to open your eyes and look up though it's especially gratifying in October.)







See all that mess over there? Soon we'll have a screened porch!

My hydrangeas are still pretty in October.
 Indeed, how fortunate we are to live in a world with Octobers! Hope you can get outside and soak up this last day of such a beautiful month.

Wishing you a great start to your week! 


P.s. Happy Halloween! And Happy Birthday Uncle Ralph! Hopefully we'll get some costume photos up tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment