Monday, July 25, 2016

the first nine holes

I realize that Carrie just wrote about playing golf last week but oddly enough, our family just played our first nine holes together over the weekend. Will is a pretty decent golfer and has been asking me to play with him for quite awhile now. We decided to go on a golfing date for our 12th anniversary which happened to be last Sunday, but he was really sick and in no position to play. So instead of trying to schedule another babysitter, we just decided to take the kids along and celebrate as a family. We had a great time! Here are some photos if you'd like to see...







We didn't exactly pick the best day to play - the high temperature for Saturday was a cool 100 degrees. Our tee time was at 8:58 so we did ok for the first hour or so but then it got ridiculously humid, and we started parking our carts in the shade whenever possible and taking a few less practice shots. But despite the sweltering heat, we all had fun and learned a lot. I never thought I'd like golf that much but I can see how it could become an addicting sport - I was already getting hooked on always trying to hit that little white ball straight down the fairway. I really enjoyed my first nine holes and am looking forward to getting back out on the course with Will again soon. This time though, we'll be sure to choose a cooler day!

Hope you had a great weekend! Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment