Monday, July 18, 2016

Christmas (in July)

I know, I know. Christmas? In the middle of July?

Yes. Christmas in the middle of July.

After all, it's never too early to get started on homemade gifts, mainly because it'll probably take me at least that long to finish the projects I'm dreaming up. And let's face it, it's entirely possible that I won't finish a single one, but the earlier I start thinking and preparing, the better the chances of finishing something. So let's talk about Christmas! Just a tad early.

Currently, my family is in the middle of what I like to call "all the celebrations." I think I've mentioned here before that between Will's family and my family, we have a span of 13 days in mid-July where we celebrate nine birthdays and two anniversaries, including my birthday and our anniversary. The only thing I can think of that I want for my birthday this year is yarn. We're in the midst of a big spring summer cleaning around here (more about this later) and are cleaning up and clearing out. With our newly cleaned shelves and surfaces, I know I don't want to invest my money in anything that will fill up what I've just cleaned out, and although yarn does, technically, take up space, it's not something that will stay forever. It will most likely end up being given as a gift (eventually) which will get it off the shelf.

So with that in mind, I took to Pinterest to find some Christmas gift ideas, collected my birthday money, and headed to our local yarn shop. Here's what I came home with...





Aren't they pretty?! I'm such a sucker for yarn. I'm so excited to get started on my projects and although I'd like nothing more than to tell you what I'm making, I think I'd better keep it a secret. You never know who's reading!

Are you dreaming of Christmas gifts yet? I know I can't be the only one! Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment