Thursday, July 7, 2016

current favorite smoothie

As the days have gotten hot, I have needed something cool as a breakfast option.  This quick smoothie recipe is simple and delicious and keeps me going most days.  I think Carrie shared this quite a while ago so I will refresh your memory.  I know it's probably not the healthiest smoothie you could find but it satisfies my sweet tooth while keeping me cool and filling me up.  

I blend 8oz of unsweetened vanilla almond milk with 1/4 cup of oats.  Then add in a frozen banana and blend until smooth.  A small spoonful of unsweetened cocoa powder + a scoop of peanut butter and 5 or 6 ice cubes finish it off perfectly.  

 If I don't enjoy this for breakfast, it usually finds its way into my day at some point as I am basically hungry all the time now. ;o)

And, here's to hoping that the next time you hear from me it will be to report that our sweet little boy has finally arrived!

No comments:

Post a Comment