Monday, June 20, 2016

the place(s) where everything gets put

If your house is anything like our house, there's one or two places where everything gets dumped the minute people come through the door. Do you have that problem? For us, it's the end of the kitchen island, and the shelf behind our couch. I try my best to keep them cleared off as much as possible, but even I am guilty of coming in, dumping everything on the end of the counter, and walking away to do whatever comes next. Which means I have to come back later and clean up the place where everything gets put again. I never seem to learn my lesson and though I've tried to get the kids and Will on board with keeping it cleared, they haven't learned either. Now that school's out for summer (WHOO!), I'm hoping that at least there will be less stuff to put in the place(s) where everything gets put.





One of my first summer projects is to paint that shelf in the last two photos. I don't like the white on white but we happened to have this shelf in another room and rearranged to put it here. Working on deciding which color to choose. 

I love having clean spaces where everything has a home. Pencils in a cup, paper in a drawer, books stacked neatly on a shelf, legos in a basket. It doesn't happen all that often around here, but this summer I'm making it my mission to go through everything and make some hard decisions. The clutter brings me down! Time for it to go. We have one more busy week with Mega Camp (our church's version of Vacation Bible School) and a wedding (!!), and then we can breathe deep and relax for the summer. I'm so ready.

If you have a place(s) where everything gets put, from one clearer-offer to another, GOOD LUCK. Happy Monday! Hope you have a great week.

P.S. Happy Father's Day to all the dads, especially WeThree's own Mr. Krohn! We love you!


P.P.S. The youngest WeThree celebrated the big 3-0 yesterday! Happy Birthday, Carrie, beautiful girl! Love you!


P.P.P.S. In case you missed it, look here to find a couple of the recipes I posted about last Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment