Friday, June 3, 2016

the best cheese plate in central pa

Since I've been been eating healthier, and less, as of late, one thing that I've tried to do when we go out is to just order an appetizer and a drink. Case in point: when we visited The Millworks with friends a few weeks back, I just went for the wildflower cocktail (LOTS of lavender, fair warning) + the urban picnic, aka the cheese plate pictured below.* I've written about their amazing cheese plate before (see this post), but since the menu here is seasonal, it changes regularly. I can't remember exactly what the meats and cheeses were, but the pickled beets, asparagus and carrots had me at hello. Also -- how beautiful is the presentation? I'm already planning a mid-summer trip just to see how they've changed it up.


*If you go the drink + app route, be warned this is definitely big enough to feed two. I shared liberally with the rest of our party and still left full.

No comments:

Post a Comment