Wednesday, June 8, 2016

a moment to remember

With just over 4 weeks until our due date, I have been feeling all the sentimental feelings lately.  I go back and forth, daily, wondering whether we are about to totally ruin our little girls life or totally make her day by adding a little brother to our family.  I'm sure it seems silly but when you are the center of your mommy and daddy's world for 4 1/2 years and then all of sudden you're not the only one...it's gotta be hard. 


Last night, as I was putting Sommer to bed, I got a little glimpse of her love for our little guy and it was one of the sweetest moments I have witnessed in a while.  After reading books, singing songs and generally being silly together, I told her it was time to quiet down and get to sleep.  In true Sommer fashion, she insisted that she just had to do one more thing.  I reluctantly agreed and she quickly jumped to her knees, put her face right down to my belly and whispered, 
"Goodnight baby brother.  I love you.  Snuggle up with your blankies and go to sleep; it's time for bed."  
And then, as if that wasn't enough for my heart to burst into a million and one little pieces; she proceeded to start singing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star to him...and then Jesus Loves Me.  And it was like our little guy was trying to reach out and touch her as we watched him squirm around as she sang.   It was the sweetest moment and one I want to remember forever.


 

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea you are pregnant, but Sommer will adjust happily! She will want to be a second mother to him. My kids are 6 1/2 years apart, and really look out for each other. Blessings to all of you!

    ReplyDelete