Monday, January 18, 2016

rows of progress

Back in December, when Will asked me what I wanted for Christmas, my answer was quick and simple:  yarn. Specifically, Shelter by Brooklyn Tweed. I wanted to make the Lucia Hoodie from the beautiful book "Anthology 2" by Carrie Bostick Hoge (who has since come out with another beautiful book that I need to check out!). I started working on my sweater on New Year's Eve and have been slowly making rows of progress ever since. The pattern is so easy to follow - the hardest part is putting it down to do the other stuff that has to be done around here everyday. Oh, if only I could devote hours a day to knitting! 




I still have to finish the hood, weave in all the ends, sew up the sleeves and the pockets (pockets!), add the band and a button or two before it's done, but I can assure you that I'll be using every single spare moment in the days ahead to get it finished. Knitting is perfect for stress relief and my let-me-see-the-progress-instant-gratification complex. I love seeing the finished product come together. 

Since the kids are out of school today, we have a short but really busy week. Hopefully I'll be able to fit in plenty of knitting! Wishing you a productive week!

No comments:

Post a Comment