Friday, January 22, 2016

My Favorite Pandora Station

It's safe to say that I spend a lot of time listening to Internet radio, mostly in the form of Pandora. If you're not familiar with Pandora, #1) where you have been and #2) it basically functions as a radio station that personalizes itself to your music tastes. For example, if you love Adele, you can create an "Adele" radio station that plays her music, along with other similar artists like Sam Smith and Amy Winehouse. And luckily, you can create as many stations as you want, in case, you know, hearing "Hello" doesn't fit your mood when you're working out.

I've created a lot of stations over the years, and for varying purposes. Some of my favorites?
-For cooking & simultaneously dancing around your kitchen with your BFF: Ray Charles Radio
-For gift wrapping & not really amusing your husband dancing in a Santa hat: Mariah Carey (Holiday)
-For drowning out office noise when you're trying to concentrate: Christopher O'Riley Radio
-For sitting on the porch drinking a glass of wine: Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds Radio

But the best one by far that I've stumbled upon? Elton John Radio. When we were planning our wedding, and at the stage where you have to choose the songs you walk into, dance to, etc., my mom suggested "Blessed" by Elton John for my dance with my dad. As soon as I heard it, I knew it was the perfect song. And I also remembered just how much I love listening to Elton John. I created the station in my Pandora account that day and have literally been hooked ever since. A little sampling of what you might hear below....





Just be warned that you should never listen to "Fire and Rain" when you're having an emotional day at work. I did and literally burst into tears at the "Suzanne the plans they made put an end to you" line. Luckily I think only a few people noticed...;]

Do you have a favorite Pandora station? 
Thanks for reading this week. xoCarrie

No comments:

Post a Comment