Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy New Year!

Ahhh, January. Cold weather, comforting food, clean slate. As Will and I stayed up watching football and then Dick Clark's Rocking New Year's Eve, I was enthusiastically waving goodbye to 2015. Although I learned a lot and enjoyed many different parts of the year, I was so ready to move on. SO ready. Like really really ready. Like really really real...yeah, you get the point.

So we watched the ball drop and laughed when Ryan Seacrest and Jennie McCarthy messed up the countdown and finally closed the book on 2015. Farewell, sayonara, good riddance.

And now here we are, on this first Monday of the new year. 2016. I feel better physically and emotionally than I have in years, I'm eating healthier than I ever have, I'm back into my favorite boot camp workouts with my favorite trainer and my favorite group of girls, I'm standing firm on a solid foundation with a new focus and exciting goals to work towards. I feel great, and I hope you do, too.

One of my favorite quotes by Rainer Maria Rilke is this:  "Come, let us welcome the New Year, full of things that have never been." The new year always feels so promising doesn't it? So many opportunities, maybe some second chances, renewed energy, clear focus. I'm usually pretty good at keeping up the energy until March - my least favorite month - rolls around. But this year I'm hoping to be very intentional about keeping it up, finding ways to enjoy that terrible month (my apologies to you if you love March and if you do, can you please tell me why so I can learn to love it, too?!) and continuing on in a good rhythm.

WeThree are excited to begin another year here in our little corner of the Internets and hope you'll read along with us as we continue to share about life and lessons learned and the things we love. We hope your new year is off to a great start and look forward to whatever 2016 has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment