Monday, October 26, 2015

keep your eyes on the road

I'm not certain, but if I had to guess I'd say that our little corner of central Virginia has hit the peak weeks of leaf season. Red, orange and yellow leaves are popping up everywhere and the 20 minute drive from our house to the grocery store is absolutely beautiful. So beautiful in fact, that as I drove there last night to pick up our groceries for the week, I had to remind myself several times to keep my eyes on the narrow winding road in front of me. I just love this time of year and look forward to watching the leaves change. I need to find a few more excuses for Will to drive me places so I can sit back and watch the leaves go by as he keeps his eyes on the road. (By the way, so you don't think I'm a danger to others, all the photos below were taken in a stopped car or in our yard.)









I'm trying to soak up all the pretty leaves while they last. Soon it'll just be bare branches staring back at me on my drive. 

Happy leaf-watching! Hope you have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. We just drove through Virginia (from Maryland, through Richmond, Charlottesville and over to Lexington) and I have to agree with you! It was a perfect weekend to leaf gaze.

    ReplyDelete