Tuesday, October 6, 2015

chilly morning breakfast

As the mornings continue to get chillier, I find myself looking for something to warm me up as I wake up each morning.  These oats are the perfect pick me up / warm me up and go wonderfully with my first cup of coffee each morning.

 I like to make my oats ahead of time - say Sunday morning - have a bowl while they are fresh off the stove-top but then put them in a nice glass Tupperware and store them in the fridge for quick weekday morning breakfasts. 
 

 I warm mine up with a little milk, add some brown sugar or maple syrup and then top them with strawberries, blueberries, banana, toasted pecans, whatever I have on hand really. 


 {just a note - throw the pecans in a cold pan and toast them on low, making sure to keep an eye on them.  When you can smell them, they should be done! Just watch them though because they can burn quickly!}


Pair them up with your favorite hot beverage and some early morning light!
Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment